BEST BEFORE 05/2019 Danstar WINDSOR Beer Yeast 11g Fast Fermenting Premium British Style Beers Ales
Danstar Windsor Ale Yeast 11g (.388oz)
British Style Beer Yeast - Vacuum Sealed for freshness - treats 23L/5 Gallons
Quick start and vigorous fermentation, which can be completed in 3 days above 17°C.
Brewers wanting to create authentic English-style ales choose Danstar Windsor yeast to bring out the right characteristics from their beer.
Windsor ale yeast is a true English strain that produces a beer which is estery to both palate and nose with a slight fresh yeasty flavour.
Beers created with Windsor are usually described as full-bodied, fruity English ales.
Brewers choose Windsor to produce beers that range from pale ale to porter with moderate alcohol levels and the flavour & aroma characteristics of the best traditional ales.
Depending on the composition of the recipe, Windsor demonstrates moderate attenuation which will leave a relatively high gravity (density).
Recommended fermentation temperature range for Windsor is 17° to 21°C (64° to 70°F).
- Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- A top fermenting yeast.
- Quick start to fermentation, which can be completed in 3 days above 17°C.
- Moderate attenuation, which will leave a relatively high gravity.
- Non-flocculent strain, but some settling can be promoted by cooling and use of fining agents and isinglass.
- The aroma is estery to both palate and nose, and is usually described as a full-bodied, fruity British ale. Does not display malodours when properly handled. Windsor yeast has found great acceptance in producing strong-tasting bitter beer, stout, weizen and hefe weizen.
- Best used at traditional ale temperatures after rehydration in the recommended manner
Natural - Kosher - GMO Free
No colours, preservatives or other unnatural substances have been used in its preparation.